We know that Halloween will be a little different this year. Although your children might not have the excitement of trick or treating with friends, you can still keep them entertained with some fun activities.
Here are five spooky tips to keep you safe and entertained this Halloween:
- Get crafty with some DIY window decorations. Learn how to create creepy silhouettes to share the spookiness of the season with your neighbours: https://www.schooldays.ie/articles/best-DIY-halloween-window-decorations
- Homemade costumes – save yourself the hassle and expense and make your own costumes. Have a look through your wardrobe and get creative with face paint. There is no limit to the imagination! You can become a very convincing pirate with a pair of a bandana, black leggings, an oversized shirt, and some black face paint.
- Halloween games – enjoy family fun together with pumpkin carving, guess how many sweets in a jar and more: https://www.familyfun.ie/halloween-party-games/
- Host a Murder Mystery Zoom party online – you have a few days to get into character and build up to the murder announcement! There are lots of options to choose from online but here’s one that a staff member enjoyed: https://www.red-herring-games.com/
- Halloween treasure hunt – you can wrap and hide some spooky treats around your home or garden. Treasure hunts aren’t just for Easter!
How to Enter our Halloween Colouring Competition
Like and share the Halloween colouring competition social post. Download the colouring sheet at the link below. Email us a photo of your completed colouring sheet (one entry per person) and reference yours, or your child’s, Croí Laighean Credit Union account number along with the full name as it appears on the account.
All entries must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before 2pm, Friday 30th October. The winners will be announced on social media this Saturday the 31st October. Best of Luck!
Download Halloween Colouring Sheet (241.9kb)
- Competition runs from Tuesday 27th October to Friday 30th October 2020 at 2pm.
- Open only to members of Croí Laighean Credit Union under the age of 13.
- One winner will be chosen.
- The closing date for entries is Friday, October 30th at 2pm. The winner will receive a prize of one €50 Smyths voucher.
Croí Laighean Credit Union is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.