Our Children's Saving Account
We can help you teach your child the value of saving from an early age — and we’ll make it fun to save. A junior account can be opened by anyone between the ages of 7 and 15 years who live, or attend school within our common bond – children of individuals who work in our common bond are also eligible to open an account.
If you are looking to open an account for a child under the age of 7, please consider our family savings account which is a sub-account of your main share account.
How to help your child save
- Open a Children's Saving Account
- Set a savings goal
- Create rewards for regular saving
- Create a timeline for their saving goal
How To Apply
If your child lives, or studies in our common bond, or a parent/ guardian lives or works in our common bond – you’re halfway there.
How To Open a Children's Saving Account
To open a junior account, your child must fill out an application form and visit one of our branches to sign the form. Please ensure you also bring:
- Birth Cert/ Passport for child – i.e. proof of I.D.
- Proof of PPS No. (Document showing PPS number and name)
- Proof of address for the child e.g. a letter from the school
- Photo ID for a parent/guardian (Current Passport/ Drivers Licence)
- Proof of Address for parent/guardian (Bank Statement or Utility Bill e.g., Electricity/ Gas/ Water/ Phone dated within last 6 months)
Apply For a Children’s Saving Account
Please note; When your child opens a junior account any money in this account is the sole property of the child, will be available for the sole benefit of the child, and no other person (including the parent/guardian) will have access to this money. Any withdrawals must be signed by the account owner, i.e., the child. If you wish to open your own account, you can do so by clicking here.