Croí Laighean Credit Union invites applications for the position of Loans Officer. To apply or enquire further, please contact email@example.com.
Loans Officer – Job Description
Reporting to: Team Leader, Lending
As a member of the Lending Team, the Loan Officer’s main responsibility is making informed credit decisions in adherence to the Credit Union’s lending policies and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertake a detailed analysis and assessment on all types of loan applications which may include asset backed lending, while making informed decisions, recommending approvals and/or declining where appropriate.
- Responsible for meeting specific income targets allocated to the Lending Team in support of the Business Strategy of the Credit Union
- Participate in all types of loan interviews and obtain the necessary financial information to support the member’s loan application
- Operate within the agreed authorised lending discretion framework to ensure compliance with all relevant Policies, Procedures and regulatory requirements
- Deliver written recommendations to the Credit Committee and/or board of directors, outlining risks and rationale relating to all types of lending facilities where required.
- Work closely with the rest of Lending Team to meet tight deadlines and ensure timely turnaround of applications in line with service level agreements.
- Maintaining at all times the credit unions and/or the members personal and business information in the strictest confidence
- Take every opportunity to keep the members of the Credit Union informed of the other products and services available to them
- To undertake such other reasonable and lawful duties as may be directed from time to time by the Line Manager.
The successful candidate should have:
- A relevant professional / financial services qualification, satisfying Minimum Competency Requirements i.e. QFA, APA
- A minimum of two years underwriting experience in a Credit Union, Bank and /or other Financial Institution
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative to deliver agreed targets
- Excellent team player with flexibility to work where required
To apply, please send your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.